Regular eye exams are an important part of maintaining your eye health and vision accuracy, even if you’ve never experienced eye or vision problems. At The Optical & Hearing Center, we are proud to be the premier providers of preventative care in vision and optical health for all of those who seek it in Northern New Jersey and Northeastern Pennsylvania.
Benefits of Routine Eye Exams, and What to Expect
During an eye exam, a doctor will check both of your eyes for problems, diseases, or other issues that may contribute to vision deterioration or loss.
Using the latest technologies, we check for:
- Focusing Problems
- Age-Related Conditions
- Eye Teaming Problems
- Eye Diseases
Regardless of whether you use prescription glasses or contacts, or have experienced problems with your vision or eye health in the past, a regular optical examination may help you prevent or delay the onset of common eye problems. In some cases, an eye examination can help your doctors catch the development of other, full-body conditions, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and more.
Some other reasons eye examinations are important include:
- Diagnosing cataracts, macular degeneration, and glaucoma
- Updating your lens prescription
- Getting contact lenses or glasses for the first time
If you are unsure about whether you’re in need of an eye exam, please read our list of recommended reasons for pursuing an eye exam:
- It has been more than 1-3 years since your last exam
- You cannot remember the date of your last exam
- You are experiencing any of the following problems:
- Seeing spots or floaters
- Having difficulty driving at night
- Blurred vision
- Change in vision
- You have a family history of glaucoma or diabetes
If you relate to any of the conditions or experiences listed above, please feel free to schedule an appointment with our experienced, knowledgeable staff, or fill out our patient forms online.